1. IISHF Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2024 and Working Meeting (WM) 2024
Please find attached the agenda
· for the Working Meeting (WM) taking place on Saturday 24 February 2024
· for Annual General Meeting (AGM) taking place on Sunday 25 February 2024 in Zürich (Switzerland).
2. IISHF AGM 2024 – Election of IISHF Presidium
At the IISHF AGM 2024 there are regular elections for the IISHF Presidium for a term of two years.
The current IISHF President Erik Sommer and the current IISHF Finance Director Ingo Goerke have confirmed their willingness to stand for re-election. The current IISHF Vice-President André Poddubny is not running for re-election.
The distribution of responsibilities and tasks within the IISHF Presidium is agreed upon jointly within the IISHF Presidium. If you are interested in being elected and serving on the future IISHF Presidium please get in touch with the IISHF President Erik Sommer (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the AGM 2024.
3. IISHF Reports 2023/2024
Please find attached the following documents:
· IISHF Presidium Report 2023
· IISHF Appeals Committee Report 2023
· IISHF Disciplinary Committee Report 2023
The IISHF Financial Report 2023 and the proposal for IISHF Budget 2024 will be sent until 13.02.2024 to all NMAs.
4. Motions to change IISHF Constitution 2024
According to point 11.6 IISHF Constitution changes to IISHF Constitution can only be done
- in each odd year any change (which means next in 2025)
- in each even year only clarification and any error corrections (which means next in 2024) We did not get any proposals for clarificvation and/or error corrections.
5. Motions to change IISHF Regulations 2024
We have received only one proposal from Switzerland (FSIH) for modification of point 18.5 IISHF Regulations as follows:
Old: Each team is allowed to bring a maximum of 20 players to an IISHF Continental Cup A-event in accordance with §4.2.1 of the IISHF Rule Book.
New: Each team is allowed to bring a maximum of 23 players to an IISHF Continental Cup A-event
in accordance with §4.2.1 of the IISHF Rule Book.
Due to the experiences of the IISHF European Championships 2023 it became obvious that due to the duration and intensity of these high performance events a team cannot use all players during the entire event.
This we think that on this level exchange players must be available during the event as follows:
- 3 Goalkeepers
- 10 Defensive Players
- 10 Offensive Players
6. Official IISHF Rule Book 2024/2025
Attached please find the Official IISHF Rule Book 2024 / 2025 which was approved at the IISHF AGM 2023.
7. IISHF Men Challenge Cup 2024
We have now 10 nominated teams for the IISHF Men Challenge Cup 2024 taking place in Avenches (Switzerland) hosted by SHC Rolling Aventicum on 14-16.06.2024. According to article 18.5 IISHF Constitution the IISHF Presidium have selected HC Köln-West Rheinos from Germany as the additional team for the vacant spot.
8. IISHF U16 European Cup 2024
We have now 10 nominated teams for the IISHF U16 European Cup 2024 taking place in Düsseldorf (Germany) hosted by Düsseldorf Rams on 10-12.05.2024. According to article 18.5 IISHF Constitution the IISHF Presidium have selected Red Devils Berlin from Germany as the additional team for the vacant spot.
9. IISHF Title Events 2024 – Updated selection for European Cups
Attached please find the updated final selection and raking of the teams for the IISHF European Cups 2024. The ranking and selection of teams for the IISHF European Cups has been done according to article 18.5 IISHF Regulations. According to article 18.3. IISHF Regulations all participating and listed teams have already officially confirmed their participation on the “IISHF Title Event Confirmation Sheet” or by their NMA.
Please note that both the IISHF Men Challenge Cup 2024 and the IISHF U16 European Cup 2024 will now as mentioned above take place with 10 teams.